When will I be notified that I’ve been selected for the scholarship program?
- Selected new and returning applicants will receive a scholarship award notification email (from email@example.com) in May/early June. Graduating seniors are notified at the McIntosh County Academy Award Night; information on how to accept the scholarship is in the letter given to them. Graduating seniors will also receive a follow-up email with the same information on how to accept their scholarship. Selected Returning Applicants will receive an email outlining how to accept their scholarship.
When is the deadline to accept my scholarship?
- The deadline for selected new and returning applicants to accept their scholarship is 11:59 p.m. on July 1st. Selected new and returning applicants must submit their Scholarship Acceptance with all documents and information by this deadline. Students who do not submit their Scholarship Acceptance will not be awarded a scholarship for the upcoming academic year, but these students will be able to reapply for the scholarship for the following academic year – pending they meet all eligibility requirements.
I am a returning applicant and I’ve been selected as an upcoming scholar. I am transferring and attending a different school than what I put on my application. How can I inform you of the new school I will be transferring to and attending for the upcoming academic year?
- The Scholarship Acceptance section will ask you to confirm the school you are attending for the upcoming academic year. If this school is different from what you indicated on your application, at this time, please provide (1) the name of the new school you are attending/ transferring to for the upcoming academic year, (2) the name and address of the financial aid office for where your scholarship award will be mailed, (3) the email address of your financial aid office, and (4) your acceptance letter to this new school.
How do I log back into my application to accept my scholarship?
- Select the Scholarship Portal Login link on our About Scholarships or Eligibility Requirements In the upper right-hand corner of the main application page, select the Login icon. On the login page, enter the email address and password used to submit the application. If you forgot your password, please select the Forgot password? link and follow the instructions on how to reset your password.
How do I upload my Scholarship Agreement form?
- Once your Scholarship Agreement Form is signed (all 3-pages), please save the form in a PDF or Word Document format. Upload the Scholarship Agreement form to the Scholarship Acceptance section of your application by selecting the Browse button.
- The Sapleo Foundation will not accept any incomplete Scholarship Agreement Forms or College and Financial Aid Office Information. Please ensure all documents and information submitted are complete and accurate.
Can I e-mail, mail or fax my Scholarship Agreement form?
- Scholarship Agreement forms must be uploaded to the Scholarship Acceptance section of your application through our online scholarship portal. Scholarship Agreement forms will not be accepted by e-mail, mail or fax to The Sapleo Foundation.
What do you accept as a college acceptance letter?
- A college acceptance letter must include the student’s name and Student ID#. The acceptance letter must be on your college’s letterhead from either your admissions, orientation or registrar’s office.
How do I upload my college acceptance letter?
- Please scan and save your college acceptance letter as a PDF file (preferred) or as a JPEG file. Other file formats will not be accepted. Upload your college acceptance letter to the Scholarship Acceptance section of your application by selecting the “Browse” button.
- Documents not accepted as college acceptance letters are any documents that are not on college letterhead from your admissions, orientation, or registrar office; screenshots of the web portal of your new school; or orientation letters that do not have your name or Student ID#.
Can I e-mail, mail or fax my college acceptance letter?
- College acceptance letters must be uploaded to the Scholarship Acceptance section of your application through our online scholarship portal. College acceptance letters that are e-mailed, mailed or faxed to The Sapleo Foundation will not be accepted. If you are not sure if the letter you have is acceptable, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have not received a formal college acceptance letter, what should I do?
- If you have not received a formal college acceptance letter, please have your admissions officer or academic advisor to write and sign a letter on the institution’s letterhead with (1) your name (2) your student ID# (3) enrollment status (4) date of acceptance (5) academic term/ year with tentative and current semesters enrolled (7) number of credits enrolled for the upcoming fall semester (8) anticipated graduation date and (9) your program of study. Please upload this letter as your college acceptance letter to the Scholarship Acceptance section of your application by July 1st. These letters will not be accepted by e-mail, mail or fax to The Sapelo Foundation.
After completing the Scholarship Acceptance section, will I receive confirmation that I’ve accepted my scholarship award?
- After completing the Scholarship Acceptance section, select the Accept button on the main dashboard of your application to submit your acceptance of your scholarship award. Please note: If the “Accept” button is not selected, it may indicate you forfeiting your scholarship for the upcoming academic year.
- After you submit your acceptance of your scholarship, you will receive an email confirmation. If you have not received an email, log back into your application and make sure you’ve selected the Acceptbutton on the main dashboard of your application. Your application status next to your application on your My Application Page and the Application Main Dashboard will state Award Accepted. If you have questions about when scholarship awards will be mailed or the scholarship disbursement process, please read the Scholarship Disbursement section below.
- We encourage all selected applicants to review their Scholarship Agreement Form and the information inputted in the Scholarship Acceptance Section before accepting their award.The Sapleo Foundation will not accept any incomplete Scholarship Agreement Forms or College and Financial Aid Office Information. Please ensure all documents and information submitted are complete and accurate. The Sapelo Foundation will not award scholars a scholarship if any of the items submitted is after the July 1st deadline or is incomplete.
I’ve completed and submitted my Scholarship Acceptance section. What is the next step?
- Once selected scholars complete and submit their Scholarship Acceptance section, they will receive an email stating they’ve accepted their scholarship award. No further information is needed once the Scholarship Acceptance section is submitted.
- However, The Sapelo Foundation strongly encourages all selected scholars to review their submitted information before July 1st to ensure all items are complete and accurate. The Sapelo Foundation will not accept any inaccurate or incomplete information. The Sapelo Foundation will not award scholars a scholarship if any of the items submitted is after the July 1st deadline or is incomplete.
- The scholar will receive an email when the scholarship awards are mailed. If a selected scholar has questions regarding the scholarship disbursement, please review your Scholarship Agreement form or the Scholarship Disbursement section below on this webpage.
Do I need to submit my final grades?
- No, The Sapelo Foundation does not require our scholars to submit final grades as a part of the Scholarship Acceptance process. If a scholar withdraws from their university, he/she must notify The Sapelo Foundation by email at email@example.com. The Sapelo Foundation will consult with a scholar’s school to determine a scholar’s eligibility throughout the academic year.