Organizational Development Fund
The Foundation believes that nonprofit organizations greatly benefit from training their leaders and staff and investing in organizational capacity.
Therefore, the Foundation has developed the Organizational Development Fund to assist the Foundation’s grantee partners with organizational development, professional, and programmatic development, which are critical to the effectiveness and long-term sustainability of an organization and its mission. The Organizational Development Fund offers support for staff, board, and volunteers to acquire training in fundraising, grant writing, board development, nonprofit management and other skills that will increase organizational capacity. It also offers the opportunity to for them to attend national conferences and networking events that are directly linked to furthering the effectiveness of their organization and/or strengthening its advocacy role.
Application Requirements and Guidelines
- Only 501(c)(3) organization that has applied for and has been awarded a grant within the past three years qualify for this program.
- Organizations that received a re-grant from an organization that has applied for and been awarded a grant from The Sapelo Foundation do not qualify.
- The event, training, or opportunity must be offered by a reputable organization or business.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to completing the application form, to ensure that funds are available and the event you wish to attend meets the criteria.
- Qualifying organizations are eligible for up to $2,000 per year (beginning when it received its last Sapelo grant award).
- Awards may be made in multiple requests over the course of each year, not to exceed $2,o00 total.
- Requests are processed on a monthly basis and are submitted to a committee of Trustees for approval each month.
- Funds are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, and funding may reach its designated limit before the end of a year.
- Applicants must complete the “Application Form” (link in right-hand column of this page) and attach copies of materials from the training program.
- Application Forms should be completed, scanned into a PDF, and sent via email to The Sapelo Foundation’s email address: email@example.com.
- The subject line of your email should include: “Organizational Development Fund.”
- Completion of the “Workshop Evaluation” (link in right-hand column of this page) is required shortly after the organizational development opportunity is complete.
- Award decisions are made monthly, by a committee of Trustees. So please plan accordingly. Grantee partners will be notified immediately upon the decision.