Organizational Development Fund
The Foundation developed the Organizational Development Fund to assist the Foundation’s grantee partners with internal organizational development and capacity, which are critical for effectiveness and long-term sustainability. The Organizational Development Fund offers support for staff, board, and volunteers to acquire training in: strategic planning, fundraising, grant writing, equity and inclusion, nonprofit management, governance and board development, membership cultivation, leadership, civic engagement, advocacy, grassroots community organizing, cross-sector partnerships, communications, technology, etc.
Application Requirements and Guidelines
- 501(c)(3) organizations that applied for and received a grant within the past 3 years. Note: 501(c)(3) organizations that received a re-grant do not qualify.
- The opportunity must be offered by a reputable organization, consultant, or business.
- The opportunity must have a date, budget, and clear purpose and value for the organization (not just an individual at the organization).
- Qualifying organizations are eligible for up to $2,000 per year.
- Awards may be made in multiple requests over the course of each year, not to exceed $2,o00.
- Requests are processed monthly by a committee of Trustees.
- Funds are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, and funding may reach its designated limit before the end of a year.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to completing the application form, to ensure that funds are available and the opportunity your organization selected meets the criteria.
Application and Evaluation
- The “ODF Application Form” is in a hyperlink on the right-hand column of this page. Please scan the completed form (plus any receipts, budgets, descriptions, and/or materials about the opportunity) into a single PDF and email it to: email@example.com. The subject line of the email should read: “ODF Application Form – [Name of Organization].”
- The “ODF Evaluation Form” is in a hyperlink on the right-hand column of this page. Please scan the completed form into a single PDF and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Foundation asks that it be sent within 1 month of the completion of the opportunity or by Dec. 15 of the given calendar year (whichever comes first). The subject line of the email should read: “ODF Evaluation Form – [Name of Organization].”
- Note: Each applicant will be contacted with a decision within a month of a submission. Sometimes additional information will be requested before a decision can be made. Selected organizations may be emailed an updated “ODF Evaluation Form” to complete.