Organizational Development Fund
The Organizational Development Fund is open to receiving applications.
As applications are received, priority will be given to urgent and important needs regarding opportunities to build the capacity of the financial health of the organization.
Applications that do not fit these priorities will be reviewed in a future month.
The Foundation developed the Organizational Development Fund to assist the Foundation’s grantee partners with internal organizational development and capacity, which are critical for effectiveness and long-term sustainability. The Organizational Development Fund offers support for staff, board, and volunteers to acquire training in: strategic planning, fundraising, grant writing, equity and inclusion, nonprofit management, governance and board development, membership cultivation, leadership, civic engagement, advocacy, grassroots community organizing, cross-sector partnerships, communications, technology, etc.
Application Requirements and Guidelines
- 501(c)(3) organizations that applied for and received a grant within the past 2 years. Note: 501(c)(3) organizations that received a re-grant do not qualify.
- The opportunity must be offered by a reputable organization, consultant, or business.
- The opportunity must have a date, budget, and clear purpose and value for the organization (not just an individual at the organization).
- Qualifying organizations are eligible for up to $2,000 per year.
- Awards may be made in multiple requests over the course of each year, not to exceed $2,o00.
- Requests are processed monthly by a committee of Trustees.
- Funds are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, and funding may reach its designated limit before the end of a year.
- Contact email@example.com prior to completing the application form, to ensure that funds are available and the opportunity your organization selected meets the criteria.
Application and Evaluation
- The “ODF Application Form” is in a hyperlink on the right-hand column of this page. Please scan the completed form (plus any receipts, budgets, descriptions, and/or materials about the opportunity) into a single PDF and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should read: “ODF Application Form – [Name of Organization].”
- The “ODF Evaluation Form” is in a hyperlink on the right-hand column of this page. Please scan the completed form into a single PDF and email it to: email@example.com. The Foundation asks that it be sent within 1 month of the completion of the opportunity or by Dec. 15 of the given calendar year (whichever comes first). The subject line of the email should read: “ODF Evaluation Form – [Name of Organization].”
- Note: Each applicant will be contacted with a decision within a month of a submission. Sometimes additional information will be requested before a decision can be made. Selected organizations may be emailed an updated “ODF Evaluation Form” to complete.
- For multiple organizational development fund requests, please submit a separate application and evaluation form for each opportunity or event with supporting documentation.