The Annemarie & Richard J. Reynolds, Jr. Scholarship Program was created by The Sapelo Foundation in honor of Richard J. Reynolds, Jr. and Dr. Annemarie Reynolds as an expression of their commitment to the people of McIntosh County, Georgia. The purpose of the program is to provide grants to accredited colleges, universities, or technical colleges attended by qualified high school graduates from McIntosh County Academy. Students who participate in the program are known as Annemarie & Richard J. Reynolds, Jr. Scholars. The Board of Trustees of The Sapelo Foundation is responsible for the administration and funding of the Annemarie & Richard J. Reynolds, Jr. Scholarship Program and recommends scholars based on information provided by its Scholarship Committee. Financial need, academic standing, and other factors considered pertinent will determine the recommendations of the Board of Trustees.
- Awarded – on behalf of the student – to the college, university or technical college on a one year basis. The scholarship award can be extended and renewed for a second, third, fourth, and/or fifth year, provided the scholar continues to meet the program’s eligibility and renewal requirements.
- Awarded to qualified applicants, who must apply to The Sapelo Foundation for each year of study for up to five academic years from the date of their high school graduation.
- Divided evenly among the fall semester and spring semester, and they cannot be applied to just 1 semester or to the summer semester (unless otherwise stated).
New Scholars (Year 1)
- McIntosh County Academy graduating seniors, who are accepted to a 4-year college or university – $1,500
- McIntosh County Academy graduating seniors, who are accepted to a technical college – $750
Returning Scholars (Year 2-5)
- McIntosh County Academy alumni, who are already attending a 4-year college or university – $1,000
- McIntosh County Academy alumni, who are already attending a technical college – $750
The Sapelo Foundation does not take phone calls from prospective scholars, current scholars, or parents/relatives regarding our scholarship program.