*Please note: The Sapelo Foundation does not take any calls regarding our Annemarie & Richard J. Reynolds, Jr. Scholarship Program. All the information can be found on our website.
You must reapply for the scholarship each year. Applications are accepted January 1-March 1 using the online application form found on this page.
Provide Accurate Information
The Sapelo Foundation relies on you to provide it with accurate information. You must notify Ms. Bowdry if you change schools and need your scholarship to be paid to another one. You must also notify Ms. Bowdry of where you prefer to receive correspondence; at your school address or your home address.
Applicants must be graduates of McIntosh County Academy and meet the requirements below:
Eligibility and Renewal is Determined by:
- Be accepted to, or enrollment in an accredited college, university or technical institute at the time of application.
- Attend college full-time, which is defined as a minimum of 9 credit hours each semester for a minimum of two semesters each school year.
- Maintain an average GPA of 2.0 or higher each year of enrollment.
- Submit copies of grades at the end of each semester.
New Applicants and McIntosh County Academy Graduating Seniors Must:
- Complete and submit the Online Application Form.
- Upload Letter of Acceptance from the school you will attend.
- Upload the Scholarship Agreement; read, sign and return to The Sapelo Foundation.
Current Scholarship Recipients Re-Applying Must:
- Complete and submit the Online Application Form, PART A.
- Upload PART B – Scholarship Agreement; read, sign and return to The Sapelo Foundation.
- Grades from your previous and current semesters must be sent to The Sapelo Foundation by June 1 of each year. Failure to do so results in an immediate rejection of your application and you are not eligible to re-apply until the following year.
- If a scholarship recipient changes schools after having submitted an application, he/she must notify The Sapelo Foundation in writing no later than July 1 and provide all required information on the new school.
- It is the student’s responsibility to notify the first college and request the scholarship funds be returned to The Sapelo Foundation. Upon receipt of this refund, The Sapelo Foundation will issue a payment to the new college.
- Failure to notify The Sapelo Foundation of changes in schools will result in the scholarship being paid to the wrong college and will delay payment of the scholarship.
Scholars and Potential Scholars:
Please follow the instructions (above) on the website. Again, please note: The Sapelo Foundation does not take any calls regarding our Annemarie & Richard J. Reynolds, Jr. Scholarship Program. All the information can be found on our website. If you have a pressing question, email email@example.com and put “Scholarship” in the subject line of your email.
Thank you and best wishes on your scholastic endeavors.