Annemarie and Richard J. Reynolds Jr. Scholarship Program
Scholarship Acceptance Deadline: July 1
Notifications to applicants selected as a 2020-2021 Annemarie and Richard J. Reynolds, Jr. Scholar will be announced in May/early June via email from email@example.com.
Selected New and Returning applicants must log into their scholarship application account via the scholarship portal to:
(1) sign and upload their Scholarship Agreement Form,
(2) sign and upload their Authorization and Release of Student Records Form,
(3) provide the College and Financial Aid Office information to accept their scholarship award
for the upcoming academic year, and
(4) their Proof of Enrollment document (see below).
Proof of Enrollment Documents
- Selected New Applicants must also provide their college acceptance letter (MCA Class of 2020) or their official college academic transcript which includes their upcoming fall class schedule (MCA Alumni Class of 2016 to 2019).
- Selected Returning Applicants (MCA Alumni Class of 2016 to 2019) must provide their official college academic transcript which includes their upcoming fall schedule or their graduate school acceptance letter.
Please also see our Scholarship FAQs page to address questions on how to complete the Scholarship Acceptance section.
- Selected new and returning applicants who do not complete the Scholarship Acceptance section of their applications by July 1st or submit incomplete information will not receive a scholarship for the upcoming academic year.
- The Sapleo Foundation will not accept any incomplete documents.
- Please ensure all documents and information submitted are complete and accurate in order to receive a scholarship award.
Scholarships Mailed: 1st Week of July
The Sapelo Foundation will mail all scholarship awards to schools the first week of July. Scholars will be emailed on the day scholarship awards are mailed. Scholars with questions should contact their colleges, not The Sapelo Foundation, to ensure scholarships are being processed. The Sapelo Foundation can only confirm by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if a scholarship award is deposited.
Before July 1st, if a selected applicant changes schools after filling out the Scholarship Acceptance section, he/she may update his/her school’s information by taking the following steps:
- Log into our scholarship portal
- Select the Scholarship Acceptance section.
- Update the College and Financial Aid Office Information portion with the following information:
- For Returning Applicants ONLY: Select “I am attending a different school/ I transferred”
- Upload Acceptance Letter from your new school/institution
- Name of the new school at which he/she is now enrolled.
- Name of your Financial Aid Officer.
- Email and Mailing Address of the new school’s bursar/financial aid office.
- Student ID#
- Update your Authorization and Release of Student Records form with the name of your new school.
After July 1st or in the Middle of the Academic Year
If a scholar transfers to a different college after July 1st and/or in the middle of the academic year, The Sapleo Foundation will not be able to support a scholar’s education for the remainder of that academic year.
Renewal Eligibility Requirements for Returning Scholars (2016-2019)
A returning scholar of the Annemarie and Richard J. Reynolds, Jr. Scholarship may reapply for this scholarship who meet the following renewal eligibility requirements:
- Applied in 2020 and met all deadlines and criteria (in 2020).
- Are from the McIntosh County Academy graduating classes of 2016-2019.
- Selected to receive annual payments in each remaining year of eligibility under the terms of the former scholarship program.
Renewal Applicants Must:
- Be enrolled in an accredited college, university or technical college at the time of application.
- Maintain enrollment in a minimum of 9 credit hours each semester (fall and spring).
- Provide proof of enrollment at an accredited college, university or technical college with an official transcript showing course enrollment for the upcoming fall semester. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted.
- Submit the Foundation Renewal Forms: (1) Authorization and Release of Students Records Form and (2) Scholarship Agreement Form.
- Meet all criteria and deadlines.
Starting in 2021, eligible Returning Scholars must submit their:
- Proof of enrollment.
- Authorization and Release of Student Records Form.
- Scholarship Agreement Form to email@example.com by July 1st for every remaining year of eligibility in order to receive an annual payment of your scholarship.
If a scholar misses the deadline or submits incomplete documentation by July 1st, the Foundation will not be able to support the student financially for that academic year. The Foundation Renewal Forms will be available on the Foundation’s website at www.sapelofoundation.org one month before the renewal deadline.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions/Resource page if you have any questions regarding our scholarship program.
If you have a question that is not answered on our website or our FAQs page, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and applicant type (ie. New or Returning) and put “Scholarship” in the subject line of your email. The Sapelo Foundation does not receive phone calls regarding its scholarship program.
Thank you and best wishes on your scholastic endeavors!